Hacker Factor Solutions provides whitepapers and journal articles.
Most documents are created and provided privately to customers.
The following list represents a sample of documents created by
Hacker Factor Solutions and released publicly.
The copyrights for these documents have been transfered to their respective
- Neal Krawetz, (2015) "Digital Photo Forensics" in the Handbook of Digital Imaging, edited by M. Kriss. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd: Chichester, UK, pp. 1641-1674.
- Ubuntu: Powerful Hacks and Customizations by Neal Krawetz, Wiley (April 19, 2010). ISBN 0-47058-988-4.
- Hacking Ubuntu: Serious Hacks Mods and Customizations by Neal Krawetz, Wiley, ExtremeTech series, 2007. ISBN 0-470-10872-X.
- Introduction to Network Security by Neal Krawetz, Charles River Media, 2006. ISBN 1-58450-464-1.
- Response to the Department of Commerce National Telecommunications and Infermation Administration Request for Comment on Internet of Things (RFC No. 160331306-6306-01). Neal Krawetz, Eric Schultz, Valerie Kaminski, Bill Tucker, et al., May 2016.
- Response to the Department of Commerce Request for Comment on Cybersecurity in the Digital Ecosystem (RFC No. 150312253-5253-01). Dr. Neal Krawetz, Hacker Factor Solutions, May 2015.
- A Picture's Worth: Digital Image Analysis and Forensics. Dr. Neal Krawetz, Hacker Factor Solutions, August 2007. Presented at the Black Hat Briefings 2007.
- Point-of-Sale Vulnerabilities.
Dr. Neal Krawetz, Hacker Factor Solutions, August 2007.
Originally provided as a limited distribution document in April 2006, this
document describes fundamental flaws in the point-of-sale architecture for
credit card processing.
Following the limited release of this paper, Visa USA Inc. released
three Data Security Alerts that cover some of the issues raised in this
paper and includes questions similar to the ones found at the end of the
Copies of the alerts were mirrored from Chase Paymentech:
These alerts do not cover all of the vulnerabilities discussed in
- Who is "n3td3v"?. Hacker Factor Solutions, October 2006.
- A Guide to Building Secure Web Applications and Web Services. Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), June 2005. Dr. Krawetz from Hacker Factor assisted with the document and wrote a section for the document.
- Anti-Phishing: Page Encoding.
Hacker Factor, April 2005.